POWER SEAT, ADJUSTABLE STEERING WHELL AND HEATED SEATS NOT WORKING

2005 Cadillac STS

judyfaye

All of the sudden the adjustable steering wheel, powers seats and the heated seat on the driver's side stopped working

hmac300

Check your fuses under the rear seat

cadieman

POSSIABLE YOU HAVE MULTI PROBLEMS HERE 1 THE HEATED SEATS WERE A DREAM OF CADIES. THERE ARE 4 GRIDS IN THE SEAT. ONCE 1 STOPS THATS IT.2 IF THE SEAT SWITCH IS INOP. REPLACE IT.

factoryjack

January, 15, 2012 AT 6:19 AM

The passenger heated seat works? All the functions are controlled by the memory seat module, heated seat functions are through bussed messages to the climate controlled seat module. Since you have memory seat/steering column issues, I would suspect your source of problems to be from the memory seat module. Aside from checking powers and grounds to the seat module, I would first do a master reset on all systems. Disconnect both battery cables, and touch them together firmly for a minute or so. See if all your problems are resolved. You only have two elements per seat, and the heated seat switch is part of the climate control panel. To replace the switch/panel would be an expensive shotgun. It sounds like you have a logic lock condition, and performing the above reset procedure will correct the condition if that is the case.

gary5abraham

Did this work? Both of my seat warmers are out and when I moved the passenger seat forward for easy access to the rear seat fuse blocks, the seat has frozen in the full forward position.

judyfaye

No, none of this worked. Next step repair shop.

cadieman

January, 23, 2012 AT 3:12 AM

3 lower and 1 back remove the seat. Do a continuty test on each grid. The 1 or 1s that are open will have to be replaced by removing them and sowing in the new ones.

Dynamat Door Installation
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911