Power SEAT, adjustable steering wheel and heated seats not working

JUDYFAYE
  • 2005 CADILLAC STS

All of the sudden the adjustable steering wheel, powers seats and the heated seat on the driver's side stopped working

Saturday, January 14th, 2012 AT 8:42 PM

FACTORYJACK

The passenger heated seat works? All the functions are controlled by the memory seat module, heated seat functions are through bussed messages to the climate controlled seat module. Since you have memory seat/steering column issues, I would suspect your source of problems to be from the memory seat module. Aside from checking powers and grounds to the seat module, I would first do a master reset on all systems. Disconnect both battery cables, and touch them together firmly for a minute or so. See if all your problems are resolved. You only have two elements per seat, and the heated seat switch is part of the climate control panel. To replace the switch/panel would be an expensive shotgun. It sounds like you have a logic lock condition, and performing the above reset procedure will correct the condition if that is the case.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
+1
Sunday, January 15th, 2012 AT 6:19 AM
GARY5ABRAHAM

Did this work? Both of my seat warmers are out and when I moved the passenger seat forward for easy access to the rear seat fuse blocks, the seat has frozen in the full forward position.

+1
Sunday, January 22nd, 2012 AT 3:08 PM
JUDYFAYE

No, none of this worked. Next step repair shop.

Sunday, January 22nd, 2012 AT 3:52 PM
2CARPROS KEN

Hey JUDYFAYE,

Before you go to the shop I think I found the problem. There is a ignition 1 relay that control both systems, and two fuses here is there location and a couple of guide to help you get the problem fixed.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

Please let us know happens so it will help others.

Best, Ken

Wednesday, December 14th, 2016 AT 4:57 PM