AIR CONDITIONER ISSUES

2004 Cadillac Escalade

RPSchubert

June, 30, 2010 AT 10:32 AM

Air Conditioning problem
2004 Cadillac Escalade V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 44,256 miles

I have a 2004 Cadillac Escalade and have recently been experiencing some issues with the air conditioner. The unit works fine most of the time, but on about 4 occasions it has stopped blowing cold air through the two front vents on the drivers side. Cold air continues to flow through the passenger side front vents and through the rear vents. If I turn off the engine and restart it the air conditioner again begins to function normally. Is there some type of actuator for the " driver's side" of the air conditioner that needs to be replaced? Thanks

A/c 02 L 300

Ac Will Not Turn On!!!

hmac300

July, 5, 2010 AT 12:09 PM

Yes there is an actuator that seperates teh driver form pasenger side. It can be run by vacuum or elelctric. It's under the dash and you'll have to feel around and see if it is sticking or id you have a vacuum leak, depending on what type it is.

klchieri

August, 11, 2011 AT 10:30 PM

I have the same exact problem confronting me currently. Had the car worked on before we left for a 22 hour drive to TN. Couldn't stand the heat and stopped about 16 hours into the drive. Repair techs (Goodyear) at first place didn't fix it nor the techs at the second place (Cadillac Dealer Service Dept). Now we are faced with drive home and air still doesn't work. $1400 later and still no air. Can you please help us? They replaced actuator, compressor, dehydrator and fully recharged system. Still blows hot air from driver side 100% of the time now. Cadillac dealer tech wired driver control to passenger side but it still blows HOT air from driver side.

hmac300

August, 12, 2011 AT 12:00 AM

This still sounds like an actuator problem. It could be the control unit is not senidng power to the actuator that controls the hot air/cool air. There are two. I'll send a generic draiwng of what i'm talking about. You might be able to temporarily fix it for cooler air. But you'll need to see if they work, switching form hot to cool for one and the otherfrom defrost to ducts on dash. This is under the dash by the way.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue