CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR CIRCUIT

2000 Cadillac Deville

acaldwell

June, 25, 2007 AT 10:29 AM

I have a PO335 error code. Where is the upper crankshaft position sensor located? How hard iis to replace?

Basod2002

June, 30, 2007 AT 10:39 AM

There was actually a tech service bulletin on those years where one crank position sensor would cause the other to fail. Its not a a hard fix, but I suggest you invest in a " Haynes" or similar repair manual which will give illustarted pics and tips on what else needs to be removed in order to replace them.

CANMAN21

July, 14, 2007 AT 2:18 PM

gee-man

November, 3, 2007 AT 9:51 PM

I have a 2003 Deville. Both sensors (upper and lower) are above and to the front of the oil filter. They are located behind the front engine support. I replaced mine today and thank God I have small hands. It took about 2 hours to remove them. You also have to remove the plastic pan under the front of the car. Installing new sensors ($40 each) went much quicker and no more stalling after driving the car about 1/2 hour. Last night I took the family to a restaurant across town and it stalled twice on the way there. I read on another post that Cadillac dealers charge $300 to replace them. Also, you do not have to drain the oil. The connectors were a pain, until I figured out how to remove them. Be very careful not to break them.

Buzzsaw

November, 7, 2007 AT 12:04 PM

You still have to go to the dealer to do a crank shaft position relearn, codes will still appear.

iph1001

February, 15, 2009 AT 4:13 PM

How exactly did you manage to get the crank sensors off. I found a diagram of where thye are but I cant quite see them from under the car. Did you remove the front motor mount or just squeeze your hand in there. And once I do find them, How do I unclip them? Thanks for any help, Ian

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet