2000 Deville Crankshaft Position sensor circuit

ACALDWELL
  • 2000 CADILLAC DEVILLE

I have a PO335 error code. Where is the upper crankshaft position sensor located? How hard iis to replace?

Monday, June 25th, 2007 AT 10:29 AM

BASOD2002

There was actually a tech service bulletin on those years where one crank position sensor would cause the other to fail. Its not a a hard fix, but I suggest you invest in a "Haynes" or similar repair manual which will give illustarted pics and tips on what else needs to be removed in order to replace them.

Saturday, June 30th, 2007 AT 10:39 AM
CANMAN21

Saturday, July 14th, 2007 AT 2:18 PM
GEE-MAN

I have a 2003 Deville. Both sensors (upper and lower) are above and to the front of the oil filter. They are located behind the front engine support. I replaced mine today and thank God I have small hands. It took about 2 hours to remove them. You also have to remove the plastic pan under the front of the car. Installing new sensors ($40 each) went much quicker and no more stalling after driving the car about 1/2 hour. Last night I took the family to a restaurant across town and it stalled twice on the way there. I read on another post that Cadillac dealers charge $300 to replace them. Also, you do not have to drain the oil. The connectors were a pain, until I figured out how to remove them. Be very careful not to break them.

Saturday, November 3rd, 2007 AT 9:51 PM
BUZZSAW

You still have to go to the dealer to do a crank shaft position relearn, codes will still appear.

Wednesday, November 7th, 2007 AT 12:04 PM
IPH1001

How exactly did you manage to get the crank sensors off. I found a diagram of where thye are but I cant quite see them from under the car. Did you remove the front motor mount or just squeeze your hand in there. And once I do find them, How do I unclip them? Thanks for any help, Ian

Sunday, February 15th, 2009 AT 4:13 PM

Other Crankshaft Crankshaft Position Sensor CKS Location Questions