2000 CADILLAC DEVILLE SEAFOAM VS GM TOP ENGINE CLEAN

• bigec4000
  • 2000 Cadillac Deville

2000 Cadillac Deville V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 55000 miles

SIMPLE QUESTION.
I WANT A GOOD CARBON CLEANER FOR MY CAR. I HEAR SO MANY GREAT THINGS ABOUT SEAFOAM. BUT CADILLAC DEALER PREFERS GM TOP ENGINE CLEAN. WHICH IS BETTER? AND CAN GM TOP ENGINE CLEAN BE USED THE SAME WAY AS SEAFOAM?

Thursday, November 26th, 2009 AT 8:31 PM

• factoryjack

From a dealer, and been using GM T.E.C. Have not used the seafoam, nor know the method it is delivered. Typically, I meter it through the vacuum system with the throttle raised, on a warm engine, until it bogs or dies. Allow it to sit for several hours, start it up, and throttle it until the smoke diminishes. Often times used for carbon knock, or used as preliminary in addressing excessive oil consumption.

Friday, November 27th, 2009 AT 10:04 PM
  • bigec4000

Is GM top engine cleaner safe to be induced through brake vacuum line or pcv valve vacuum.

Friday, November 27th, 2009 AT 10:14 PM
  • factoryjack

Safe as in 'will it deteriorate rubber?'. I have had no problem with it. I usually connect a clear hose to a vaccum port, and use pinch off pliers, or a clamp to meter it's delivery, and avoid a potential for slugging or hydrolock.

Friday, November 27th, 2009 AT 10:19 PM