2004 Buick Lesabre INSTRUMENT CLUSTER

PVAC
  • 2004 BUICK LESABRE

2004 Buick Lesabre 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 44000 miles

My speedometer and tachometer will malfuntion and point in all sorts of different directions and not in alinement with where they are supposed to be. They straighten themselves out after about a week but its in the mean time it's a little hard to figure how fast your going.
Currently the speedometer is pointing straight down and they tach is 500 rpms off. Is this an electrical issue or a mechanical one?

Wednesday, March 12th, 2008 AT 4:46 PM

CARTROUBLED

I also own a 2004 Lesabre and am having a very similar problem with the speedometer and gas gauge. The needles are wacky, but the computer appears to be working fine. The odometer, cruise control, and digital readout of fuel remaining appear okay. I'm starting to think this is a recall issue. I sure don't want to spend upwards of $400 to replace the cluster. What to do?

+1
Thursday, March 13th, 2008 AT 11:33 AM
RHALL77

Stepper motors in the clusters cause this problem. It happends on all GM vehicles. Sorry Guys the only way to fix this concern is replacing the cluster. But if you are having a problem with a fuel gauge it could also be a level sensor. Keep that in mind.

+1
Thursday, March 13th, 2008 AT 11:38 AM
804HARRY51

Over the past month my speedometer and fuel guage has been malfunctioning also. With three comments in one month this seems more than a random problem. Is Buick helping with the costs.

+1
Monday, March 31st, 2008 AT 1:34 PM
RHALL77

Not sure, you may wanna call your local dealer and see what they say

+1
Monday, March 31st, 2008 AT 2:20 PM