INSTRUMENT CLUSTER

2004 Buick Lesabre

Pvac

March, 12, 2008 AT 4:46 PM

2004 Buick Lesabre 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 44000 miles

My speedometer and tachometer will malfuntion and point in all sorts of different directions and not in alinement with where they are supposed to be. They straighten themselves out after about a week but its in the mean time it's a little hard to figure how fast your going.
Currently the speedometer is pointing straight down and they tach is 500 rpms off. Is this an electrical issue or a mechanical one?

Cartroubled

March, 13, 2008 AT 11:33 AM

I also own a 2004 Lesabre and am having a very similar problem with the speedometer and gas gauge. The needles are wacky, but the computer appears to be working fine. The odometer, cruise control, and digital readout of fuel remaining appear okay. I'm starting to think this is a recall issue. I sure don't want to spend upwards of $400 to replace the cluster. What to do?

rhall77

March, 13, 2008 AT 11:38 AM

Stepper motors in the clusters cause this problem. It happends on all GM vehicles. Sorry Guys the only way to fix this concern is replacing the cluster. But if you are having a problem with a fuel gauge it could also be a level sensor. Keep that in mind.

804harry51

March, 31, 2008 AT 1:34 PM

Over the past month my speedometer and fuel guage has been malfunctioning also. With three comments in one month this seems more than a random problem. Is Buick helping with the costs.

rhall77

March, 31, 2008 AT 2:20 PM

Not sure, you may wanna call your local dealer and see what they say

Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911