98 BUICK CENTURY FLASHER LOCATION

• antizip
  • 1998 Buick Century

Howdy. My left turn went out a couple of days ago. The right turn signal works, but the left one does not. It (the left one) clicks about twice as fast as the right and does not flash on the dash at all.

I am not a car dummy girl I have tried swapping out the fuses and the bulb to no avail. I have been looking on the internet and many places, including this one, mention the flasher. I went to the parts store and got it, but they did not know where it was, but they did have the part.

So now I am pouring out my heart on this forum for some handsome strong man to help me out ; ).

Where on God' s Green Buick is the dang flasher?

Saturday, February 10th, 2007 AT 6:56 PM

• Service Writer

Hey
Nice post, tired of the same old stuff?

The flasher is on the left side of the steering column attached to a bracket.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/30961_flas_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/30961_Image5_2.jpg

For the heck of it, did you try your emergency flashers to see what happens? That is if all 4 lights light up?

Saturday, February 10th, 2007 AT 7:32 PM
  • antizip

Wow fantastic diagram, I will give it a go tomorrow when the sunshine comes back, and let you know how it turned out.

" For the heck of it, did you try your emergency flashers to see what happens? That is if all 4 lights light up?" I have tried the hazard lights but the same thing happens, the right blinkers work great, but the left ones (front and back) do not.

Saturday, February 10th, 2007 AT 10:43 PM
  • Service Writer

That may be a switch problem which I have seen before with these cars.

Sunday, February 11th, 2007 AT 4:49 AM