POWER WINDOW MOTOR/REGULATOR R&R

1993 Buick Century

Thanscome

March, 16, 2008 AT 1:45 PM

1993 Buick Century 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 45000 miles

It would seem that the motor was not designed to be replaced, seems to have rivets rather than bolts and screws. Can it be replaced, can I get a quality replacement on the internet, Could it be lubed and then run better? It seems to be binding because it does move some then stop.

Thanks in advance

T

HazGray

March, 16, 2008 AT 7:17 PM

You will need a drill. A small punch or taper pin. The motor I got was from Advance. It was $42. They had one to order for $29 but I wanted it NOW. Not included in the kit to replace the motor is something to re-attach the entire assembly to the door. Instead of rivets I used two 1" bolts with lock washers. I would say it only took me about 45min to replace the motor. Lubricate the tape and track while you are at it.

Hope this helps.

HazGray

March, 16, 2008 AT 7:36 PM

The only way I could find to access the rear most rivet attaching the motor assembly to the regulator was to drill an extra hole in the door. I used a 1/2" drill to give myself some working room.

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Dynamat Door Installation
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement