Battery light is still on after replacing battery, alternator and re-manufacture ECM

JIM TRAVIS2
  • 2005 CHRYSLER SEBRING
Brand new battery, new alternator, and brand new re-manufacture ECM. ECM was corrupt I cleaned all the grounds to the chassis and cleared faulty codes. Only codes available was for heater control circuit and EGR. Any help with ambient air temperature location? I'm scratching my head on this one. Any experience with this issue would be greatly appreciated and helpful. I did clean all the grounds. And 3 weeks into this one, thanks in advance for your help.
Monday, August 17th, 2020 AT 1:46 PM

KASEKENNY1
More then likely you have an issue on the generator field control wire. Either a connector issue or the wire itself has a short or high resistance. I highlighted here in the wiring diagram.

We need to check for a short and measure resistance from end to end. Basically this is the wire that the PCM uses to control the generator.

We can confirm the generator is causing the light to come on if you check the voltage across the battery when the engine is running. There should be around 14 volts. If not then the light is coming on properly telling you the voltage is low.

Let me know what you find. Thanks

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-wiring
Monday, August 17th, 2020 AT 6:14 PM

Sponsored links