Brake line replacement

SEAN030888
  • 1993 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
Hi on my truck (Silverado k1500) the left rear brake line has a pin hole in it. The line is rusted. I want to buy a roll of brake line but I don’t know what to get. Should I get Polyvinyl Fluoride brake line or should I get Nickel/Copper Brake? My other question is the line that is rusted sits right by the gas tank. The only way I see to change it is to take the gas tank out or take the bed off. Is there a way to get to it without having to take the bed off or tank out? Thanks.
Monday, February 25th, 2019 AT 3:16 AM

MOTOR MASTER
Hello my name is Dave.

I would recommend using the nickle/copper as it is resistant to corrosion. As far as getting to the section of brake line that the fuel tank is in the way of getting to, to be honest if it were mine and not a customers I wouldn't bother removing that section of the old line and just find a well protected alternative route for the new one. If you are going to use bulk line you are going to need flare the lines, keep in mind it is required for safety to double flare the ends. If you are not sure how to do this if you buy a double flare tool it will come with instructions. I hope this has been helpful and thank you for using 2CarPros.
Monday, February 25th, 2019 AT 4:13 AM