Blower motor does not work

BRANDON FLORES
  • 2000 DODGE DAKOTA
Hello. I bought the truck used last year. I replaced the blower motor, resistor, and control unit. A/C compressor turns on and off, mode doors work you can hear them rotate. I have checked fuses and relays, swapped some around and nothing. I need help please.
Monday, September 21st, 2020 AT 8:07 PM

First check if you have 12 volts on the dark green wire to the fan motor. If you do not, check for it on terminal 30 of the relay.

These diagrams are for the heater with AC. If you have just the heater system, I'll prepare different diagrams for you.

If you have 12 volts on the dark green wire, check also on the gray wire. That has to be done with the connector plugged in. The weakest link in the chain is the fan speed switch. It's common to find the connector terminals burned and melted, especially if the fan is used on the highest speed often. This is a good suspect if you have 12 volts on the gray wire.
Monday, September 21st, 2020 AT 8:23 PM
Hi,

In addition to checking fuses, have you confirmed there is power to them and the relays?

I attached a pic below which is the wiring schematic for the blower motor and HVAC system. Take a look at it and see if you touched on the relays, resister, and all fuses related. Also, check to make sure there is power at the fuse locations.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

Let me know.

Monday, September 21st, 2020 AT 8:23 PM

Sponsored links