Here is a guide to help walk you through the steps of removing the tank and diagrams below to show you how on your car.
WARNING: Do not smoke while working on fuel system. Keep open flame away from your work area.
1. Relieve the fuel pressure.
2. Jack up the vehicle, and support it with jack stands.
3. Remove the drain bolt, and drain the fuel into an approved container.
4. Remove the fuel pipe cover and fuel hose protector and remove the fuel tank cover.
5. Disconnect the hoses.
- When disconnecting the hoses, slide back the clamps, then twist hoses as you pull, to avoid damaging then
- Clean the flared joint of high pressure hoses thoroughly before reconnecting them.
6. Place a jack, or other support, under the tank.
7. Remove the strap nuts, and let the straps fall free.
8. Disconnect the 2P and 3P connectors.
9. Remove the fuel tank.
NOTE: The tank may stick on the undercoat applied to its mount. To remove, carefully pry it off the mount.
10. Install the drain bolt with a new washer, then coat the drain bolt with Noxrust 124B.
Allow the Noxrust to dry for 20 minutes.
Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Thursday, March 11th, 2010 AT 12:27 PM