ENGINE STOPS WHILE DRIVING

1998 Acura RL

rick_h

May, 21, 2010 AT 4:10 PM

1998 Acura RL 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 143000 miles

I was driving my car and at a stop sign it stalled. After waiting 20 min. It started. Later in the parking lot it would start and stall, start and stall. Had to have it towed to garage. They got it started. But after I drove it for a while it stalled while I was driving. Was almost hit by car behind me. Once again it was towed to garage but they can't find the problem?

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

May, 21, 2010 AT 6:22 PM

Next time it stalls don't wait do below immediately to determine if its a fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 in away from ground have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor /distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, ECM, Ignitor camshaft and crankshaft sensors and computer. Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

lekim707

July, 21, 2010 AT 2:53 PM

Relay Assembly Main (EFI Main Relay) is bad