THE CAR STALL AT LOW SPEED OR IDDLING

2001 Acura RL

LEAC460

October, 5, 2011 AT 1:26 AM

Starting from June this year, the car would stall at very low speed or even at idle at stop sign or traffic light. The car would also stall when I am on reverse (again very slow speed). I believe it stall when I release the foot from the gas pedal to brake. The car would re-start without problem each time.

I already replace the gas filter, the spark plugs, and the main PCM fuel relay.

I went to Acura dealer, they told me that because there is no check engine on. They do not have a code from their computer.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

Jacobandnickolas

October, 5, 2011 AT 2:07 AM

Chances are you have a vacuum leak or the idle air control valve (IAC) is bad. It is hard for me to understand why trained techs can't work on a car without a scanner. Check for vacuum leaks first (cheapest fix). There are directions on our homepage under the DIY section. As far as the IAC, it needs removed from the throttle body first. There is a pintil valve on it that moves in and out to allow air to enter the engine at low RPM's. When you remove it, have a helper turn the key on and off a couple times while you check to see if the pintil valve moves. If it doesn't, make sure there is power to it. If there is, replace it. If there is no power, then you need to trace wires to see where power is lost. That can become a pain, but would need done.