TRANSMISSION PROBLEM1995 ACURA INTEGRA 6 CYL ...

1995 Acura Integra

ljra4444

November, 1, 2010 AT 10:11 PM

1995 Acura Integra 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 223000 miles

hi I have a problem with transmission im assuming. I brought it to a friend thats a mechanic and he changed the cv axle and did a tune up, changed a belt I dont know which one specifically. I'm not sure if the car jerked while shifting gears prior to fixing it but now when it shifts you can totally feel it jerking like pulling you with it. And im scared that it'll break down soon. Also often now becoming more on occasion, something from the hood is making a squeaky noise and my friend said it was a belt. A lot of times itll make that sound when I press on the gas or I press on the gas then let go. It never did that before it was fixed.

November, 4, 2010 AT 11:28 PM

Hi ljra4444,

The harsh shifting could be due to the throttle valve out of adjustment. Recheck the cable adjustment, if it is adjusted too short, it could cause harsh shifting due to the higher pressure.

One of the drive belts could be loose. Recheck the belt tension and adjust as necessary.

CV Axle Replacement
CV Drive Axle Replacement Nissan Altima
CV Axle Replacement