RS

1994 Acura Integra

todd1970

October, 30, 2007 AT 9:53 AM

I have a 5 speed Acura Integra RS. The plastic part that closes the clutch switch to start my car has broken. I was wandering if I could bypass it by cutting the 2 wires and putting them together so this way I do not have to start my car by pushing in the clutch. Please let me know if this will work.

BMRFIXIT

October, 30, 2007 AT 5:20 PM

NO NO NO NO NO NO
That switch was put on for safety
You should always play it safe
Don t do that replace it its cheep enough

todd1970

October, 30, 2007 AT 6:17 PM

NO NO NO NO NO NO
That switch was put on for safety
You should always play it safe
Don t do that replace it its cheep enough[/quote: 18bd3c01d0]

I appreciate the help. I know that it was put htere so you don't start your car up in gear. The only way to fix this would be to take apart the whole clutch peddle or just cut the wires and splice them together. Again I appreciate your help!

BMRFIXIT

October, 30, 2007 AT 6:26 PM

NO NO NO NO NO NO
That switch was put on for safety
You should always play it safe
Don t do that replace it its cheep enough[/quote:94741e7240]

I appreciate the help. I know that it was put htere so you don't start your car up in gear.The only way to fix this would be to take apart the whole clutch peddle or just cut the wires and splice them together. Again I appreciate your help!![/quote:94741e7240]

It s easier to replace the switch than to do the wires

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/99387_94_inte_1.jpg

good luck

todd1970

November, 1, 2007 AT 3:16 PM

NO NO NO NO NO NO
That switch was put on for safety
You should always play it safe
Don t do that replace it its cheep enough[/quote:16b8897aa5]

I appreciate the help. I know that it was put htere so you don't start your car up in gear.The only way to fix this would be to take apart the whole clutch peddle or just cut the wires and splice them together. Again I appreciate your help!![/quote:16b8897aa5]

good luck[/quote:16b8897aa5]

Again I thank you for all the information you have given to me.I have already gone ahead and cut the wires to fix my problem.I would have done it the way you said but there is no possible way to fix it without taking the whole assembly apart because there is a metal plate that prevents you from putting your hands or any tools in the correct position to get the part inplace to fix it. It looks real easy on the diagram. By the way it was the plastic peace that closes the clutch interlock switch that needed to be replaced that is why it is so hard to get to it.

thanks again for all your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bruce Hunt

November, 2, 2007 AT 10:57 AM

The last person that I know of that did that reached in to the car to roll the windows down. Power windows so the switch had to be turned on the ignition. The car started, ran over a family member and buried itself in to the house.

Do not leave the vehicle like this.

Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement