A/C not working

GARY HARTUNG
  • 2010 TOYOTA RAV4
Looking for magnetic clutch relay where it’s supposed to be in fuse box is empty.
Friday, July 12th, 2019 AT 10:43 AM

SCGRANTURISMO

I have included in the diagrams down below your vehicle's J/B relay block where the A/C relay is located. I have it highlighted for you. It looks like it is a 5 pin relay that can be purchased at any auto parts store. Purchase the relay and plug it in. It only goes one way, and it should restore your vehicle's A/C system to operating conditions again. Please keep us informed.

Thanks,
Alex
2CarPros
Friday, July 12th, 2019 AT 2:31 PM
GARY HARTUNG
That didn t work. Where is the ac amplifier located?
Sunday, July 14th, 2019 AT 4:01 PM
SCGRANTURISMO
Hello again,

I have provided both the Engine Room R/B diagram and callout but also the Instrument Panel Junction Block diagram and callout for you in the diagrams down below. I have highlighted all of the fuses that have anything to do with your vehicle's A?C system. Please go through them and get back to us with what you are able to find out.

Thanks,
Alex
2CarPros
Monday, July 15th, 2019 AT 8:10 PM
GARY HARTUNG
I can turn on magnetic clutch with diagnostic machine and A/C blows cold when I unplug machine it turns compressor off.
Tuesday, July 16th, 2019 AT 11:23 AM
SCGRANTURISMO

This sounds like it could be the relay that controls your A/C compressor has gone bad. I have already given you the relay information in the fuse and relay panels diagrams and callouts earlier, so you should be able to find it there. Here is a link for you to go to that will help you, if needed, bench test the relay:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

Please go through these guides, if necessary, and get back to us with what you can figure out.

Thanks,
Alex
2CarPros
Tuesday, July 16th, 2019 AT 2:37 PM
GARY HARTUNG
Checked all fuses and replaced relay and still no power to compressor.
Wednesday, July 17th, 2019 AT 3:58 PM
SCGRANTURISMO
Hello again,

Okay, the problem could be in your vehicle's A/C Amplifier. In the diagrams down below I have included a wiring diagram of your vehicle's A/C circuit as well as directions for the removal, inspection, and installation of the A/C Amplifier, which is located in the center of your vehicle's dashboard. Please go through these guides and get back to us with what you are able to find out.

Thanks,
Alex
2CarPros
Wednesday, July 17th, 2019 AT 8:38 PM
GARY HARTUNG
Checked everything still no A/C the diagram says automatic A/C is it the same for manual A/C?
Sunday, August 11th, 2019 AT 9:57 AM
SCGRANTURISMO
Hello again,

I'm sorry about that. Here are the wiring diagrams for the Manual A/C. They are located, as usual, in the diagrams down below. Please go through them and get back to us with what you are able to find out.

Thanks,
Alex
2CarPros
Sunday, August 11th, 2019 AT 2:46 PM