- 84 CJ7 4.2 with auto tranny and CA emissions (resto'd in 2000 to basically stock)
- Been running rough for a few days, then died while driving (was rougher on hills and bumps)
- Cranks but won't start (good strong new battery)
- Replaced the starter solenoid about 2 mos ago (and freshly grounded it)
- Checked all fuses
- Coil is about 2 yo
- With key in run position I get power at both coil terminals (using simple lighted volt tester)
- Pulled one spark plug and cranked engine with remote starter; got a spark (maybe could have been brighter, but I did get one)
- Noticed that plug was very dry
- Looking into carb and manipulating the levers I can see plenty of fuel squirting in
- No air issues
- I have a voltmeter and am minimally competent in its use
I'm stumped! Please help!
have the same problem?
Tuesday, June 3rd, 2014 AT 1:10 PM