The car start to have this chirping noise after I changed differential oil for AWD in a car shop (don't know if this D oil change can be related to the noise or not), the squeaky/chirping/cricket noise sounds very similar to timing belt chirping sound, but for sure it's not the belt or water pump
the noise will start / is like:
1. Only will start after about 10-15 mins drive (when the car warm up enough), no noise when car is in parking or just start driving around of the day
2. Only will start make noise when speed is over 30-35 m/h, then disappear when the car is below 10-15 m/h
3. The noise is proportional to how fast the car is (I think proportional to how fast the wheel runs), it's not proportional to tachometer, neither how much gas deliver, that's also why I believe it's not the timing belt or exhaust leak. And the car shop also believe it's not bearing wheel cause they know how a bearing wheel sounds like, not in my case.
4. The noise will be more concentrate when speed is fast, just like something on a tire make some routine noise, when car runs very fast the noise will be more coherence
5. Noise is not huge, but you can hear it clearly, specially when you drive fast then slow down, the frequent of the noise will reduce according to the speed and the noise will be very noticeable
have the same problem?
Saturday, January 24th, 2015 AT 5:16 PM