MY CAR IS BLOWING BLACK SMOKE

• will 1983
  • 2010 SEAT Leon

My seat leon 2010 1.9 tdi is blowing black smoke out when changing gear and the revs drop below 2000 rpm and takes a second to get going again before it blows the smoke out. I want to try find out what it could be before going to a garage if you have any idea thanks

Will

Saturday, September 8th, 2012 AT 3:35 PM

• ASEMaster6371

Black smoke from a diesel is generally from an injector issue. Have you had them serviced? Has the oil been changed regularly? Has the filters all been change on schedule?

Most of these failures are a result of lack of service. Make sure you keep up on all your services

Saturday, September 8th, 2012 AT 3:52 PM
  • will 1983

Iv only had the car 3 weeks but it got serviced in may and has only done 700 miles since the last service. Its got full seat service history with it. Could it need another service early cos I think the car could have been off the road for a couple of months

Saturday, September 8th, 2012 AT 4:04 PM
  • ASEMaster6371

No, the damage is done now. Have the injectors checked as I think you will be replacing one or all of them

Saturday, September 8th, 2012 AT 4:15 PM