Nissan Altima 2009, engine turns over but won't start.

MPUSCAS
  • 2009 NISSAN ALTIMA

As if no gas at all. Should I hear the fuel pump before start? I can't hear it. Can the engine be flooded?
This happened suddenly.

Tuesday, December 27th, 2011 AT 5:50 PM

SATURNTECH9

Is the security light on solid or flashing?You need to get a fuel pressure gauge and test the actual fuel pressure and test to for spark also. Do you have any codes?Have you checked for codes yet?

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Tuesday, December 27th, 2011 AT 6:28 PM
MPUSCAS

Thanks.
Well, trying after 6 hours, it did start. But slowly with a white smoke from the exhaust (smell of gasoline). It took 5 - 6 sec to get to the iddle speed. It looked like a flooded engine. I also had a low FOB battery that I changed at the dealership. Is this normal? What to do next time when it floods?

-1
Tuesday, December 27th, 2011 AT 9:41 PM
SATURNTECH9

Best thing to do if the engine is flooded is hold the gas pedal all the way to the floor while starting it. Take to a auto parts store like auto zone and have it scanned for codes let me know the exact code numbers you have not code descriptions.

Wednesday, December 28th, 2011 AT 1:21 AM