Maintenance Minder

PUTERWIZ82
  • 2009 HONDA ACCORD
I have approximately 44,130 miles on a 2009 Honda Accord. I did the C maintenance prior at the dealer when I had 15% oil life and B1. I have just the A and 15% oil life now. The dealer told me the next time I come in I would need to do the transmission fluid and engine coolant. Do I need to replace the transmission fluid and engine coolant or should I wait till the maintenance minder gives the code to replace it? I been told the transmission fluid should be changed at 30,000 or so.

I am looking at the Normal service table and Severe service table in ALLDATA. The severe service for 45,000 says to replace the oil, replace the air filter, replace cabin filter. I did that in the prior oil change when the dealer did the C maintenance on it for like $300. Do I go by this severe maintenance table and change the transmission fluid, engine coolant, etc when the table tells me or should I have them replaced when I do this oil change?
Saturday, April 7th, 2012 AT 4:11 PM

KHLOW2008
Coolant you can wait but for the transmission fluid, it is best to get them replaced. However they can wait till then next service.
Saturday, April 7th, 2012 AT 4:23 PM
PUTERWIZ82
What about the brake fluid? When should I have the brake fluid replaced? So I can wait on the engine coolant till 120,000 or do it sooner?
Saturday, April 7th, 2012 AT 5:51 PM
KHLOW2008
For the coolant, check its condition. If it is neither discolored nor looks diluted, it can wait.

As to brake fluids, I would recommend replacing them every year as brake fluids are hydroscobic and deteriorates over time.
Sunday, April 8th, 2012 AT 4:17 AM

Sponsored links