Coolant Warning Light?

LIZZIENORMAN
  • 2008 RENAULT CLIO
A light has appeared on my dashboard it looks like a bucket with a droplet of water going into it. I don't have a handbook and I do not know what this is?

I own a Renault Clio (2008) and a light has come up on my dashboard which is like a bucket with a droplet going into it. I do not have a handbook, do you know what this means?

downloaded owners manual but does not match my dashboard. Service light is also on. Any suggestions?
Friday, September 28th, 2012 AT 6:23 PM

KEN

This is for the water level in the radiator which is low, make sure the engine is cool before opening the radiator cap. Here is a video to see if the engine is cold or not

https://youtu.be/GSE9skKnOgY

Of it can be for the windshield washer fluid being low.

https://youtu.be/ZOknrAUnmDs

Please let us know what you find so it will help others.

(Nobody happy with that? okay how about engine oil level, sorry but there is no good information on this please someone chime in if you know for sure)

Best, Ken

+2
Saturday, February 18th, 2017 AT 4:09 PM
BRIAN KERSLAKE
  • 2001 RENAULT CLIO
2001 Renault Clio Manual 41,000 miles

I have a question a dashboard light appears for what I belive is the ignition has activated to m postion and pretemperature light which causes the car to cut out upon starting up and now has not appeared for quite a long time is this natural or a concern
-1
Saturday, February 18th, 2017 AT 4:10 PM (Merged)
DAVE H
This could just be caused by a glitch on the electrical sytem. If the light reappears have the car plugged into a diagnostic computer to locate the fault !
SARBAY
  • 2006 RENAULT CLIO
2006 Renault Clio 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 15000 miles

How can you clear the service light on the dashboard without taking it to dealer.
+1
DAVE H
Th service dept of your local dealer will tell you how to reset the light !
TOEDIE
  • 2001 RENAULT CLIO
2001 Renault Clio 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 94434 miles

Hi
I have above motor, lately I've had to press key fob button while turning on ignition just to start it,
but today I stopped went to shop and on my return (after 9 mins) she wont start at all and flashing led in dash is very rapid, I got the 4 digit code and input method but I cant slow down the flashing to put in any of the code?
I've ran out of ideas
HELP
DAVE H
If the 4 digit code is not working the car will need to be plugged into a renault diagnostic computer or equivalent to be reset.
JIMMYTHEBRIT
Sounds like the key might be at fault. The coded ring detects a chip in the key as you turn it. They key may have broken down inside and may require replacing. Get it checked at a renault dealer as they may have to order you a new key and recode it also
BRANNIGAN1959
  • 2002 RENAULT CLIO
Attempted to defrost car this morning noticed heater was blowing cold air - when driving the vehicle the temperature gauge rose quite fast with a red warning light + stop sign showing on dash board
DAVE H
You may have frozen engine coolant. Have a tech check the vehicle