Navigator climate control not working, blower does not turn off

RUSTY C
  • 2008 LINCOLN NAVIGATOR
A/C and heater work fine, turn controls to off blower goes to high and cannot turn off. If I disconnect the battery it will stop. However, when turned back on same thing happens. When turned off blower goes to high and seems to bring in fresh air, it seems like it is outside air. Please help
Sunday, September 15th, 2013 AT 8:12 AM

CADIEMAN
This sounds like you have a blower fan relay stuck on or the speed control module had gone bad. Here is a guide to help you check the relay and the location of the relay and speed control module as well. Also, I have included the blower fan wiring diagrams so you can see how the system works.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/blower-fan-motor-works-on-high-speed-only

Check out the diagrams (below). Please let us know what happens.

Cheers
+2
Wednesday, September 25th, 2013 AT 11:18 PM
RUDIEG
I had this problem with my truck it was the blower motor speed controller. I got a new one for $78.00 all fixed!
+2
Tuesday, August 28th, 2018 AT 7:17 PM
TJMRANCH
  • 2006 LINCOLN NAVIGATOR
The climate control panel is completely dead; checked all fuses and they are good. Also, concurrent with this problem, the battery has a drain on it while everything is off (including ignition). Its possible that the panel got damp due to an irrigation sprinkler slightly coming in an open window. Is there a hidden breaker somewhere or does this whole panel simply fail?
Tuesday, August 27th, 2019 AT 3:06 PM (Merged)
WRENCHTECH
Anything is possible if it got wet. That dash is full of electronic modules and relays and water getting into any of them can lead to expensive failures. If all the fuses are good, then it may be too late. I would try disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes and see if that helps.
+1
FAMMONF1
  • 2004 LINCOLN NAVIGATOR
My Electronic climate control in 2004 Lincoln Navigator stopped working, any ideas. The climate dose not work at all. No fan lights etc I checked fuse which is good. System does not turn on at all
Tuesday, August 27th, 2019 AT 3:07 PM (Merged)
KEN

Yes the climate controller sounds like it is bad but to be sure here is a guide and some diagrams (Below) to help you confirm the problem and get it fixed.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

Please let us know what happens so it will help others.

Cheers, Ken

Sponsored links