LOUD WHINE

2008 Ford F-150

kevinc428

March, 7, 2014 AT 11:27 AM

When I take off from a stop there is a loud whine coming from the front of the truck. It whines all the way through first gear then half way through second. It also does this when I am shifting. Once I step on the clutch I hear the whine. When I downshift into second it gets really loud. Any suggestions?

kevinc428

March, 7, 2014 AT 12:15 PM

From what I have been reading im guessing it might need trans fluid

March, 7, 2014 AT 7:04 PM

. MAYBE MR. THROWOUT BEARING (RELEASE BEARING) IS SCREAMING FOR HELP?

I'D STILL CHECK THAT FLUID AS SUGGESTED. MAYBE IT'S NOT TOO LATE. DO YOU KNOW HOW AND WHAT TO PUT IN IT, AND HOW TO PUT IT IN?

kevinc428

March, 8, 2014 AT 7:08 AM

I heard the noise for the first time yesterday and havent drove it since. But I checked the clutch fluid and its very low so im going to fill that back up. Could low clutch fluid cause a whine? This is my first manual trans so im new to this

Ty Anderson

March, 8, 2014 AT 9:54 AM

Does the noise occur all the time?
Does it happen if you rev the engine in neutral?
Does it only happen when the vehicle is in motion?
I'm trying to narrow down what is causing the noise.

kevinc428

March, 8, 2014 AT 10:17 AM

It does not happen when I rev the engine in neutral. It only happens when its in motion in gear

Ty Anderson

March, 8, 2014 AT 10:29 AM

Thank you for the reply.
With the engine running and the vehicle at a stop slowly press the clutch pedal in & release does the noise happen? Does the noise occur if you press the clutch pedal quickly?
Have you topped off the manual transmission fluid?

kevinc428

March, 8, 2014 AT 10:55 AM

No it does not I tried both and I did not hear any difference. No I have not checked the transmission fluid but on the bottom of the trans where it connects to the engine I can see that at one time something was leaking.

kevinc428

March, 8, 2014 AT 11:13 AM

Im going out to check the trans fluid in a few. There is not a dip stick for the trans fluid so I have to take the filler plug out to check it right? And if its not at the bottom of the fill hole then I need to add fluid correct?

kevinc428

March, 8, 2014 AT 2:45 PM

I checked trans fluid and its filled to the bottom of the fill hole.

March, 8, 2014 AT 4:34 PM

IT WHINES OR DON'T WHINE WHEN YOU HAVE THE PEDAL PUSHED IN?

IF IT WERE THE THROWOUT BEARING, IT WOULD PROBABLY MAKE THE RACKET MORE WITH THE PEDAL IN OR THE NOISE MIGHT VARY IN PITCH AS IT HAS PRESSURE APPLIED AT DIFFERENT PEDAL HEIGHTS

PRIOR TO THIS ISSUE, WAS IT SUBJECTED TO POSSIBLE H. ELL DAMAGE?

Engine Oil Change and Filter Toyota Corolla
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Super Duty
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Camaro
Oil and Filter Replacement Subaru Legacy
Fuel Pump Pressure Test