Temperature gauge not working

LATINOHEA
  • 2008 CHEVROLET MALIBU

I have a 2008 chevy malibu LT. The temp guage stays at cold and my air conditioner when on blows hot air. What can be the problem

Saturday, July 2nd, 2011 AT 6:06 AM

JSIERRA

The a/c and the coolant gauge for some reason are related because I have been having the same problem for over a year. The coolant gauge sometimes marks at the C and then the a/c starts to blow warm air. If this problems stays on long enough the engine light turns on. And then when it wants to the coolant gauge marks correctly then the A/C starts to work properly. I have had the temp gauge changed twice but that IS NOT the problem.

+3
Wednesday, March 13th, 2013 AT 5:04 PM
JSIERRA

It's me again, so after along time of dealing with this issue finally fed up because Monday it was 95 and hot as heck, and the coolant gauge and a/c wouldnt work. So I had the ECT sensor replaced and the thermostat, which I dont think it was the thermostat because I have had that replaced twice already, but anyhow its working. They didnt read the codes because honestly Ive had the codes read before and that didnt get the problem fixed. I read on another forum about the ECT sensor and thermostat so thats why I had both changed. A/C and gauge are working properly so I am a happy little camper now. For now anyway!

+4
Friday, March 22nd, 2013 AT 2:52 PM
2CARPROS KEN

Nice work, we are here to help, please use 2CarPros anytime.

Best, Ken

-1
Tuesday, November 22nd, 2016 AT 6:53 PM
DEESA469
  • 2008 CHEVROLET MALIBU

I have the same issue. Temp gauge will be working fine then all of a sudden it drops to cold. If its summer the AC will not work if winter the heat will not work. Once the gauge is back to normal when it finally goes back into service the air/heat will work again. Also, after a while of the temp gauge being on cold the check engine light will come on and once the gauge kicks back in service for some time the light will go off. I have had the thermostat changed twice and the EGR? Changed as well. It still happens after some time. Any suggestions of what this might be?

Thursday, August 24th, 2017 AT 10:27 AM (Merged)

It sounds like a wire is shorting out best to have a local pro look at this for this specific problem.

PHISH336
  • 2005 CHEVROLET MALIBU

Got stuck in the snow was trying to get our and my fuel and temp gauges stop working warning lights also any ideas. Thanks

ASEMASTER6371

Could be a connectin at the cluster, bad cluster or a bad body control module

-1
BLAND269
  • 2004 CHEVROLET MALIBU

Late last summer, I was backing out of a parking space and ran over a huge concrete block that was covering a tiny hole in the lot. I burst my radiator and also did more unknown damage that caused my gas and temperature gauge to stop working. Also, none of the lights on the dashboard comes on either. I replaced the condenser and radiator but when I tried to get my air recharged it would not go in. I have no idea what to do to fix my car so it will be back to normal.

Heck for blown fuses under hood and damaged wiring due to running over block

EMAN1
  • 2003 CHEVROLET MALIBU

2003 Chevy Malibu 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 89000 miles

my gas and temp gauges stop working. What is the fix

M_H_RITZEL

Test the fuses and connections.

MARGARET STAPLES
  • 2003 CHEVROLET MALIBU

I have a 2003 Chevy Malibu and my power windows, heat, rear defrost, radio, gas gauge and temp. Gauge are not working

FIXITMR

All of a sudden or 1 by 1 over time?

MARGARET STAPLES

It happened all of a sudden. Everything was working and went out the next morning to go to store and I noticed I had no gas. Thought someone stole it then realized that there was no heat or anything else.

-1
Thursday, August 24th, 2017 AT 10:28 AM (Merged)

Check all fuses including the ones under the hood.