WON'T START HOT

2007 Toyota Corolla

cj5jp

December, 9, 2013 AT 6:12 PM

The car Starts fine when it is cold. If I drive it for a while and shut it down it takes awhile before it starts back. It turns over fine but won't start. One time I hit it with a little shot of starting fluid and it hit so I think its getting fire. I replaced the crank position censor to no avail. Also replaced fuel pump and it didn't help either. Any help would be mch appreciated.

Ty Anderson

December, 9, 2013 AT 10:01 PM

These engines like to have issues with there Mass Air flow sensors. There is a mass air flow sensor cleaner specifically for these sensor when they get coated. Most auto parts suppliers carry this spray.

With engine off and key out of ignition (because it will cause the check engine light to come on). Remove the sensor from the intake piping and look for small thin wires inside the mass air flow sensor and following instructions on can spray the sensor generously. Then reinstall to see if that corrected it.
Sometimes some sensor are too far gone to be cleaned so replacement is the only option if the sensor is condemned bad.
Hope this helps

I'm assuming there are no check engine warning lights on?

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right