ITS THE 1

2007 Peugeot 307

svstouk

November, 4, 2012 AT 6:50 PM

It's the 1.6 gas model, one of the last ones that came out of the production line.

This is my problem. On beginning to move from stop, when you turn the wheel to the right mainly (and sometimes on the left, too) there is a weird sound like when it gets on the same frequency with the body, and you feel a bit of a tremor on the clutch AND the gas pedal! Also, there is a sound when this happens, which goes away as the car speeds up.

The clutch disc and the flywheel (if I am not mistaken) was recently changed. Any ideas?

Please HELP!

mhpautos

November, 4, 2012 AT 7:41 PM

Do you know if the flywheel was machined when the clutch was replaced, check your invoicing it may tell you.

svstouk

November, 4, 2012 AT 9:22 PM

Isn't this flywheel changed every time you change the disk? Because I thought it was.

mhpautos

November, 5, 2012 AT 8:36 AM

The clutch plate and pressure plate are replaced if you have a duel mass fly wheel it would be replaced at great expense, but a solid flywheel should be re surfaced if it is not done you can get bad clutch shudder with a new clutch fitted.

mhpautos

November, 5, 2012 AT 8:37 AM

I will have a look to see if your model has a duel mass flywheel fitted.

mhpautos

November, 5, 2012 AT 8:42 AM

It looks as if yours is fitted with a duel mass fly wheel, they cost around $750 do you know if a new flywheel was fitted?

Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement
Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions