2004 Peugeot 307 Problem with the transmission

MATHEOS GEORGATZIS
  • 2004 PEUGEOT 307

2004 Peugeot 307 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 60.000 miles

Problem with the transmission

I wander if you gays can help me !

I have the Peugeot 307 automatic 80KW, the symptoms that this automatic transmission have is that every 6000-8000km needs an oil change ! If you not do that the automatic gear computer gives an error and in the display you see ** Automatic transmission gear fault**. Then you have only the 3gear to drive until you make a reset ! When I make an oil change, the oil cams out a little brown but it seems to me that it is not new but still useful ! I notice that after 8000km the automatic transmission sleeps at the morning and then came the error code ! But if I change the oil everything is ok ! If the oil was chip it is for me no problem but 2 liters cost 25 euro. I ve been to the Peugeot and the tell me to change some valves but for me it not seems that this is a problem of the valves, if it where so the transmission would make other serious problems ! Peugeot in france say it is sealed for life J ! I am waiting for you technical answer ! PS the transmission oil is ESSO 4HP20

Monday, March 8th, 2010 AT 4:53 AM

DAVE H

You need to have the transmission rebuilt or replaced. The clutches are burnt and the valves are leaking down as the fluid is getting burnt also.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Monday, March 8th, 2010 AT 5:09 AM