MY AC DOES NOT BLOW COLD AIR ?

• Pedroc929
  • 2007 HONDA CIVIC

The compressor works fine, the air would blow really cold air for about 10 minutes then stop and then it go back again now its not blowing at all. Freon coolant is full. Everything seems likes its good besides blowing cold air

Friday, April 6th, 2012 AT 1:13 PM

• KHLow2008

When it does not blow cold air, did you check if the compressor is working then?

+1
Friday, April 6th, 2012 AT 1:43 PM
  • Pedroc929

Its off when its not blowing air. I feel like no electricity reaches it

Friday, April 6th, 2012 AT 1:58 PM
  • KHLow2008

Get a test lamp or DVOM to check the connector at the compressor for battery voltage. If voltage is present, you have a failed compressor clutch.

If battery voltage is not available, check the compressor relay operations. Ensure the relay is being energised.

Friday, April 6th, 2012 AT 2:06 PM
  • Pedroc929

I wanted to know which one was the compressor relay, If you have a Diagram so I know which one it is specifically

Tuesday, April 24th, 2012 AT 3:27 AM
  • KHLow2008

Item # 12 is the AC clutch relay.

+2
Tuesday, April 24th, 2012 AT 9:33 PM
  • Ballbag

These guys at Honda charged me $189.00 tom replace e ac compressor relay. Now I know what to replace next time, a $5.00 part equivalent to changing a fuse. Wouldn't it make sense to just replace this instead of going through all the nonsense?

Tuesday, October 9th, 2012 AT 3:17 PM
  • Ballbag

Again with Honda, shouldn't these guys know from dealing with 1000s of cars everyday that this problem is due to a $5 part failing, instead of doing the, so called, a/c check and the steps they "say" they do, before changing the $5 part, and if the problem is not corrected, then do the other BS, I guess no money is to be made that way. Mechanics are just bottom feeders when it comes to ripping people off.

Tuesday, October 9th, 2012 AT 3:27 PM
  • KHLow2008

Not all problems are due to the same cause and some sort of diagnostics needs to be done to verify the source of the fault.

Some people knows what they are doing but some don't, even at dealers. It is not that they really want to rip-off people, just that they don't have the right people doing the right job, most of the time especially when it comes to diagnostics.

Most mechanics don't have the luxury of talking to the owner to get more details so what would you expect them to do if they don't understand your problem?

+1
Tuesday, October 9th, 2012 AT 4:29 PM