2007 GMC Yukon Power Liftgate problem

BSTRITTMATTER
  • 2007 GMC YUKON
  • AWD
My 2007 Denali has a power liftgate that simply quit working. It makes noise like it wants to open, but it no longer opens or closes under power. I have checked all connections, fuses and mechanical parts. It appears the problem might be the motor isn't being actuated (since it doesn't move by its own power) or the electric latch is refusing to unlock and tripping the interrupt and shutting the process down. I doubt its the latter since I disconnected the mechanical arm and did some tests and it still doesn't work. Could it be the electric latch or perhaps the motor is bad?
Sunday, January 25th, 2009 AT 6:11 PM

BRIAN 1
When its unlocked does the liftgate open manualy?From the outside handle or does it not open?When you use the remote does it unlock?Need more info, also have it scanned for any BCM codes. Post back with any other questions.
-1
Monday, January 26th, 2009 AT 8:58 AM
BSTRITTMATTER
Yes, it unlocks manually using the outside handle when the toggle switch on the dash is pushed to manual only mode. With the remote, it makes noise and comes open a small bit, but does not want to open without shutting it again and opening manually with the outside handle.

It's out of warranty so didn't take it to the dealer yet. I assume that's the only way to scan for BCM codes? If I take it to the dealer, I'll probably just have them fix it since its there, but was hoping to avoid a costly trip to the dealer.
+1
Monday, January 26th, 2009 AT 2:37 PM
BRIAN 1
Could be alot of things, the rear gate might need to be adjusted, the actuator motor for the liftgate could be stripped, or the tailgate module could need to be calibrated. You might have to take some rear panels off and check the operation of the liftgate module. All the parts for this will be expensive, and yes the dealer is the only one to scan for bcm codes. Post back with any other questions.
-1
Monday, January 26th, 2009 AT 4:35 PM
JDH55
I have a 2007 Yukon I was having the same trouble. I found that the switch above the rear view mirror was turned off. I turned the switch back on and everything started working fine. Hope this helps you out. Jdh55
+8
Saturday, November 12th, 2011 AT 9:23 PM
KHLOW2008
Thanks for the input.

Better late than never.

Have a great day.
-1
Tuesday, November 15th, 2011 AT 2:08 PM