NEW CAR

2006 Toyota Corolla

chrisbo1972

July, 29, 2013 AT 12:40 PM

What is the most expensive repair that can be done to my corolla? My. Father said it is the ac. If I can come up with one more than that, I het a new car. Please help. The most expensive one that can be done to an engine is what I need to know

A/c

Air Conditioning

Jacobandnickolas

July, 29, 2013 AT 12:46 PM

Here are some ideas: Transmission overhaul / replacement
Engine overhaul / replacement

chrisbo1972

July, 29, 2013 AT 12:49 PM

What would be the problem that would require me to to. Do the replacement or ok overhaul of the engine

Jacobandnickolas

July, 29, 2013 AT 6:58 PM

There are several things that could cause the engine to need overhauled. It could be a spun bearing (rod bearing) main bearing, low compression due to piston ring wear, a cracked or warped engine block (which would require replacement).

Is there something wrong with the car that makes you want a new one?

chrisbo1972

July, 29, 2013 AT 7:15 PM

My car makes a grumbling noise on the driver side especiallywhen I am at 45 miles an hour. What would be the most likely thing that you named that would happen at the mileage my car is at. Also, what would the cost be approximately

Jacobandnickolas

July, 29, 2013 AT 7:27 PM

If it is making a grumbling noise, start by checking the brakes, wheel bearings. Chances are it is nothing major.

chrisbo1972

July, 29, 2013 AT 7:30 PM

Which of the two major things you mentioned would most likely happen at the mileage my car is at. And how much would it be

Jacobandnickolas

July, 29, 2013 AT 7:40 PM

When you say "Major things" do you mean the trans or engine conditions or the brakes or wheel bearing issue? If the brakes or bearing, common wear would cause both issues. Either could be fixed for under 300.00. Please keep in mind, I am in PA. I have no idea where you are so the cost could be different.

chrisbo1972

July, 29, 2013 AT 7:51 PM

Cost of the engine overhaul or the transmission. And if its the engine overhaul what would cause that to need to be done? Also what with some of the symptoms be that would let me know I need an engine overhaul? And I just need an approximate cost so you could give me the cost for what it is and Pennsylvania.

Jacobandnickolas

July, 29, 2013 AT 8:16 PM

If the problem is a bearing in the engine, you would hear a knocking sound. If the problem was low compression, either it would run with problems such as rough idle or it wouldn't run at all.

I would estimate for a complete overhaul would be around 4000.00 parts and labor.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement