My Titan wont start up

MARKS592002
  • 2006 NISSAN TITAN
I have a 2006 nissan titan.I started it up today drove it down the road about 2 mile and got on the hightway. Everything up to now is normal.I get on the highway and it just dies. So I get on the side of the highway and put it in park and try to start it up again, it sounds like it wants to start but never does. The battery icon comes on, the low oil pressure comes on and the check engine light comes on.I have to get it towed back home. I get it and try again to start it and it turns over and sound terrible, like a bogging sound and putters out and dies again. Do you know what is wrong?
Sunday, October 2nd, 2011 AT 9:56 PM

DRCRANKNWRENCH
This sounds like the fuel pump has given out on ya. Here is a guide to help confirm the issue. Check the fuel pump relay as well.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-fuel-system-pressure-and-regulator

You will need to tap into the fuel line at the rail to get a reading these do not have a test port.

Fuel pressure at idling kPa (kg/cm2 , psi) Approximately 350 (3.57 - 51 Pounds)

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know what happens.

Cheers
Sunday, October 2nd, 2011 AT 10:08 PM
MARKS592002
It looks like there is no pressure I think the pump is bad because I can hear it screaming back there can you show me how to get it out?
Sunday, October 2nd, 2011 AT 10:11 PM
DRCRANKNWRENCH
Sure here is a guid to help you see what you are in for with the diagrams below to show you how it will be on your car.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-replace-an-electric-fuel-pump

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers
Sunday, October 2nd, 2011 AT 11:37 PM