Lincoln Navigator air suspension

BHHUYCK
  • 2006 LINCOLN NAVIGATOR

Air suspension on 2006 lincoln navigator works sometimes (airs up) sometimes it won't. Air compressor runs front bags don't fill up.

Saturday, December 11th, 2010 AT 1:37 AM

BMRFIXIT

Check Height sensor
Check for Air Leaks
Apply a soapy water solution to the air lines, air line fittings, air springs, upper spring shock mount and the air compressor

The 4-wheel air suspension system operates in the following manner:
Vehicle height is controlled by the 4-wheel air suspension module (vehicle dynamics module (VDM).
Each air spring has a solenoid that must open to vent (or compress).
The air suspension compressor has a vent solenoid that must open to vent the system.
The transition from trim height to kneel height or from kneel height to trim height takes approximately 30 to 45 seconds.
The front air springs raise or vent independently.
The rear air springs raise or vent as a pair.
The system does not operate when:
any of the doors are open.
The liftgate or liftgate glass is open.
The power running boards are deployed.
The system will vent when the vehicle speed exceeds 24 km/h (15 mph) even if the air suspension switch is in the OFF position.
Kneel mode is defined as 25 mm (0.98 in) below trim height.
Trim height is normal driving height.
4x4 off-road mode is engaged when the vehicle 4x4 system operates in 4x4 low mode at a speed of less than 30 km/h (19 mph), and is defined as 25 mm (0.98 in) above trim height.
Height sensor:
The system uses 3 height sensors LF, RF and rear.
Height sensor output voltage is between 0.5 and 4.5 volts.
The LF and RF have opposite electrical polarities.
Height sensor voltage output decreases (goes from high to low) as the suspension system raises.
The suspension ride height changes when:
the ignition key is in the RUN position, the doors and liftgate are closed and the vehicle is shifted to DRIVE or REVERSE, ride height changes from kneel to trim.
The ignition key is in the OFF position, the doors and liftgate are CLOSED, ride height changes from kneel to trim.
The 4x4 system mode is switched to 4x4 low, the ride height changes to off-road.

Saturday, December 11th, 2010 AT 2:03 AM
SELOUS
  • 2004 LINCOLN NAVIGATOR
  • MERGED

Suspension problem
2004 Lincoln Navigator V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic

The front air suspension does not always work (recently). I have stop, turn the car off, fiddle with on/off switch at the rear and usually rectifies itself. Obviously something is wrong, any idea what it might be? The check system says the air suspension system is working ok. Thank you for your help.

Tuesday, January 10th, 2017 AT 12:00 PM
MATTHEW1GUERRA
  • MERGED

MY NAVIGATOR (2004) DOES THE EXACT SAME THING DOWN TO PULLING OFF AND FIDDLING WITH THE SWITCH. IT ONLY STARTED ONCE IT GOT COLD OUTSIDE AND ONCE IT STARTS WORKING PROPERLY IT CONTINUES TO WORK UNTIL I PARK IT OVERNIGHT. HAVE YOU HAD ANY LUCK FINDING A SOLUTION? I'VE REPLACED BOTH FRONT LEVELING SWITCHES WITH NO LUCK(ADVICE FROM OUR FROM A LINCOLN MECHANIC)

Tuesday, January 10th, 2017 AT 12:00 PM
2CARPROS KEN
  • MERGED

Hey guys, it looks like there is a module that is shorting out or the control switch is having problems. Here is a guide and a wiring diagram so you can start testing the problem, please let us know what you find out.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

Please run some tests and get back to us so we can continue helping you.

Best, Ken

Tuesday, January 10th, 2017 AT 12:00 PM
FAMMONF1
  • 2004 LINCOLN NAVIGATOR
  • MERGED

Can I temporarily fix air suspension in my 2004 Lincoln Navigator, so I can drive it?

Tuesday, January 10th, 2017 AT 12:00 PM
MHPAUTOS
  • MERGED

This will depend on what has failed, if the airbag has failed there will be nothing that you can do.

Tuesday, January 10th, 2017 AT 12:01 PM
FAMMONF1
  • MERGED

No I don't think its the shocks the compressor dosen't come on any more & I checked all the fuses & they are good, Where is the relay & how do I know if its Bad?

Tuesday, January 10th, 2017 AT 12:01 PM
MHPAUTOS
  • MERGED

See pic for location.

Tuesday, January 10th, 2017 AT 12:01 PM
BOXERS21
  • 2004 LINCOLN NAVIGATOR
  • MERGED

I am have problems with the air suspension. The air compressor comes on I can hear it. The right side front shock only inflates about half way and the left side doesn't inflate at all. Then in a few days everything works fine. Then in a few days it does the same thing all over again

Tuesday, January 10th, 2017 AT 12:01 PM
CADIEMAN
  • MERGED

Check the hoses and airbags for a leak with soapy water to find the leak.

Tuesday, January 10th, 2017 AT 12:01 PM