WHAT DOES TRANSMISSION CONTROL DO WHEN NOT WORKING?

2006 Kia Optima

yannicrisantos

July, 30, 2012 AT 2:52 AM

I want to know what does the Transmission cotrol affect when is not working no good.

saturntech9

July, 30, 2012 AT 3:15 AM

Thats a vauge question there are a endless number of things that could happen. If only it were that easy to diagnose a bad computer. Lets start with what is your car doing?

yannicrisantos

July, 30, 2012 AT 3:21 AM

Well started didn't turn and well the owner put negative with positve to pass energy to the battry after the car made real bad gear changes, well after that the car turns off, when you try to turn it on it does but you put on the 'D' is car shakes it run very slowy and going to like a real small hill turns off and only makes it to fist gear and turns off

saturntech9

July, 30, 2012 AT 4:32 AM

So when they jump started it was the polarity switched?Also did you have the battery and alternator tested?Made sure the battery cables are clean and tight?

July, 30, 2012 AT 1:45 PM

Did you check all the fuses and is the MIL illuminated?

yannicrisantos

July, 30, 2012 AT 10:26 PM

Battery good and alternator is good, yes I checked all fuses, and no is not on.

saturntech9

July, 30, 2012 AT 10:35 PM

Even though the light is not on I would still check for codes.

yannicrisantos

July, 31, 2012 AT 1:03 AM

I will I'm taking it to Kia to tell me what's wrong. Do the codes tells you that it could be a trasmission control?

saturntech9

July, 31, 2012 AT 1:10 AM

The codes are starting points for diagnose there are a couple of codes here and there that will say to replace a computer if the code sets. But thats not the norm you have to get in there and elimante everything else untill nothing else is left to find a bad computer. Thats what I do before I even think about a bad computer could be causing a certain problem.

July, 31, 2012 AT 1:00 PM

I would think this is more of an engine rather than transmission fault.

saturntech9

July, 31, 2012 AT 5:28 PM

What scares me is they said this happened after a jump start. The first thing that comes to mind for the power being so low and not shifting is a plugged cat. But that shouldnt have started after a jump start.A bad alternator or battery came to mind too but they said that tested good also would make sense for having to jump start the car.

Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Transmission Mount Replacement - RWD Cars