REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY TRANSMITTER PROGRAMMING
NOTE: All remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitters must be programmed at the same time.
NOTE: Programming the RKE transmitters can be accomplished using a diagnostic tool or by carrying out the following steps:
1. The vehicle must be electronically unlocked before entering program mode using the RKE transmitter, RKE keypad (if equipped) or door lock control
switch while the driver door is open.
2. Turn the key from the OFF to the RUN position 8 times within 10 seconds, with the eighth turn ending in the RUN position. If the module successfully
enters program mode, the module locks and unlocks all the doors.
3. Within 20 seconds, press any button on an RKE transmitter and the doors lock and then unlock to confirm that the RKE transmitter is programmed.
Repeat this step for each RKE transmitter.
4. If the door locks do not respond for any RKE transmitter, wait several seconds and press the button again. If the door locks still fail to respond, refer to
INSPECTION AND VERIFICATION. (Make sure that no more than the maximum number of RKE transmitters are attempted to be programmed.)
5. Exiting the programming mode is accomplished if one of the following occurs:
? The key transitions to the OFF position.
? Twenty seconds have passed since entering programming mode or since the last RKE transmitter was programmed.
? The maximum number of RKE transmitters has been programmed.
Friday, January 13th, 2012 AT 3:36 PM