2006 Buick Rendezvous No Heat

KENR1234
  • 2006 BUICK RENDEZVOUS
Had my heater core replaced month or so ago. Had heat now I don't. Fan works on all settings? Any ideas 2006 buick rendevouz
Monday, October 19th, 2015 AT 10:27 AM

WRENCHTECH
With the engine at full operating temp, locate the 2 heater hoses where they go into the firewall and feel them to see if they are both hot to the touch. If not too hot to hold, then you have to look at the actual engine temp and if that is up, if it is, then your looking at a restricted heater core or poor circulation for another reason.
If you find that they are both too hot to hold, then the heat in that vehicle is controlled by a blend door that regulates heated air flow. It is operated by an electric motor/actuator. The problem can be that the actuator is stripped or inoperative or the door itself could be damaged. This is what needs to be determined by examining the actuator and see if it is responding to heat change commands or not.
-1
Monday, October 19th, 2015 AT 11:29 AM
KENR1234
I took it in to a mechanic. They tried replacing the thermostat but that did nothing. They checked the actuator but it was fine. They flushed the heater core again. All of the dials to control heat and fan speed were also fine. The car is not overheating at all but it is still only blowing out cold air.

They suggested to replace an auxiliary pump(water pump?) But that was all the mechanic could come up with. Could it be the water pump, even if it is not leaking?
Thank-you
Thursday, October 29th, 2015 AT 6:39 PM
WRENCHTECH
Do you plan on checking what I asked you to?
Thursday, October 29th, 2015 AT 6:41 PM