05 X TYPE

2005 Jaguar X-Type

ba1524

July, 29, 2011 AT 5:34 PM

Have an 05 jag x type 3.0 awd and it won't start when it gets hot after running for a while. Of course never happens to me only when girlfriend is driving. Replaced crank pos sensor about 2 months ago when it did it last. She just filled it up. Could it be like a vapor lock?

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

hmac300

July, 29, 2011 AT 7:27 PM

Sholdn't be vapor lock due to electric fuel pump. The fuel pump may be getting hot and not working. Best thing here is to scan engine and check fuel pressure. That would be a start. You mayhave soemthing wrong withone of the sensors or pump. You may also have a bad key so the anti theft won't let the car start. Make sure the key is good as it has to match for theft system to read it. It may also be your evap cannister purge valve not working correctly.

ba1524

July, 29, 2011 AT 9:24 PM

Came up with 2 codes- P0335 crank pos sensor A circuit malfunction and P1111 manufacturer controlled fuel and air metering. I just put the CPS in about a moth ago. Any ideas?

hmac300

July, 29, 2011 AT 10:58 PM

If you have a cranks sensor code then it may be a bad /poor connection like a bad pin or a bare wire. The manufacture controlled fuel /air is a pcm problem but other things may have caused it. You are better off to get it professionally looked at for that.