2005 Honda CRV Clutch

DOBLI
  • 2005 HONDA CRV
  • 146 MILES
My clutch pedal is flat on the floor. When you start the vehicle in neutral, it cannot go into any gear. When turned off, it goes freely into all gears. Does this vehicle have a hydraulic system or/and a clutch? This is also a (4X4) stick shift. What could possibly be the problem? I brought this vehicle all the way to Liberia, West Africa with me. Doblibarclay@gmail. Com
Sunday, November 3rd, 2013 AT 1:28 AM

KHLOW2008
Check the fluid level in the master cylinder reservoir. Seems one of the hydraulic components is faulty.
Sunday, November 3rd, 2013 AT 2:13 AM
DOBLI
Thanks but does the CRV have a hydraulic system? I know of the brakes master cyl, does the clutch system has it own master cyl. Or you are referring to the same brakes master cyl. When the vehicle if off, It goes into all the gears freely without even touching the clutch. You cannot even press the clutch, it is already to the floor. When you start the vehicle in neutral, it cannot go into any gear. I all the way here in Africa with this vehicle. Any further expianation would be highly be appreciated
-1
Sunday, November 3rd, 2013 AT 3:40 AM
KHLOW2008
It has its own master cylinder for the clutch. Have you opened the hood yet?
Sunday, November 3rd, 2013 AT 8:40 AM
DOBLI
Yes, I am handy and have installed brakes, alternator, starter, axles, etc.
However, my brake master cyl. Reservoir is completely empty. I will fill with brake fluid. Not certain if it will make a difference if the clutch has its own master cyl.
Thanks so much and I will continue to search for the clutch reservoir. What kind of fluid does the clutch uses.
Sunday, November 3rd, 2013 AT 11:34 AM
KHLOW2008
Brakes and clutches use brake fluid. The clutch has its own master cylinder and if it is not equipped with a reservoir, it would take its fluid from the brake master cylinder.
Monday, November 4th, 2013 AT 6:30 AM
DOBLI
Thank you again. I located the clutch master cyl. And reservoir. Both are much smaller. It was completely empty. I refilled it but unfortunately my battery ran down and I cannot start the vehicle.. The clutch pedal is still to the floor. Is the master cyl electrically operated that allows the fluid to build up pressure? I see a wire running to the back of the master cyl. The clutch pedal is flat to the floor, no pressure, I cannot pump the pedal. So how do I bleed it?

You have been a great help, please do not give up on me. I am basically stuck here.
Monday, November 4th, 2013 AT 11:11 AM
KHLOW2008
You would need a helper to pump the clutch for you. When it goes down, lift it up manually and press down again before you release the beeder bolt. Repeat it a few times and if it fails to build up, you moght need to have the master clinder and/or slave cylinder repaired/replaced.
Monday, November 4th, 2013 AT 11:51 AM