2005 FORD FOCUS RE: BATTERY/ALTERNATOR/ELECTRICAL ISSUE

• rlaw91
  • 2005 Ford Focus
  • automatic

I'm currently having issues with my 2005 Ford Focus ZX4 S automatic. About a month ago, I noticed that my battery light on my dashboard came on. Within a few days, I felt the car slowly losing power and eventually once even shut off. I took it to a local mechanic and had it tested, for them to say that I had no issues, but my battery was testing on the lower side so they recommend that I replace it, which I did. However, a few days later my car started doing the same thing (losing power, battery light still on), so I returned to the mechanic where they ended up having to replace my alternator as well. Now, a few weeks later, my battery light still comes on and I still feel as if my car isn't using as much power as it should, especially when I'm idle or at a stop. The car even sputters sometimes and has an intention vibration whenever I'm sitting still (in park or in drive). PLEASE HELP.

Wednesday, March 5th, 2014 AT 10:19 AM

• knowledge is power

If the alternator was replaced to fix this problem at a shop, id call them first and explain your situation. They may have installed a bad alternator and it would be covered under warranty.

Wednesday, March 5th, 2014 AT 5:53 PM