CAR IS IDLING ROUGH

2005 Ford Explorer

Steve fox

August, 9, 2012 AT 12:46 AM

Shakes, Till I give it some gas and has always shook over 65 MPH. Could this be a timing belt issue? Any other guesses? Problem started after a long road trip. Also after the trip I noticed a strange noise you can hear at low speeds especially when turning left.

How much do timing belt replacements cost for 05 explorer. Ballpark? Is it necessary to replace water pump to? Car has 131000 miles and I need it to be family car for another 4 years. Is it dangerous to drive for a while cause I don't have a lot of $ for repairs till about another 3-4 weeks?

Running Rough

Idles Rough/changed Ects

August, 9, 2012 AT 12:48 AM

Start with a compression test to verify motor is ok.

August, 9, 2012 AT 8:27 AM

Engine is equipped with chains so no timing belts to replace. Is the MIL indicating?

You could have a misfiring and I would suggest starting with the spark plugs and related components.

As to the noise while turning, it could be the drive axles or brakes. You need to locate the source.