WHAT IS CAUSING THIS?

2005 Ford Expedition

mafreire

May, 26, 2012 AT 8:52 PM

On my 2005 expeition, turning on lights or turning on ac triggers rear window latch and at the time if feels like the battery is being drained. Sometimes it even stalls.

hmac300

May, 26, 2012 AT 10:16 PM

Both the headlight and doorlocks which is lift gate use the same ground behind right kick panel. That can be loose or a bad ground to the body altogether from the battery. They also use the same fuse.

fixitmr

May, 26, 2012 AT 10:19 PM

Could be a fusebox, BCM, or wiring issue. Anything done to vehicle just prior to this starting to occur?

mafreire

May, 27, 2012 AT 4:06 PM

Thanks for the help gentlemen. The question posed by fixitmr has 2 answers. The battery was replaced 2 weeks ago and the ac evaporator was replaced 8 days before this started happening. The vehicle also needs a new compressor as it is only running at 50% and the intial back window latch trigger issue initially began when I turned on the ac and the compressor kicked in. It has now moved on to the door locks and the head lights.

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Wiper Blade Replacement GMC Yukon
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Windshield Wiper Replacement Kia Sportage
Windshield Wiper Replacement Mercedes Benz ML