2005 Chevrolet Tahoe AC not working

20THCENTBOY
  • 2005 CHEVROLET TAHOE
Its a replaced engine that's been in over a year. Just noticed last week no cold air from AC. Tried filling coolant from store bought filler and it acted strange. Doing this I noticed the compressor not cycling. Now I haven't been able to run the max cool on 5 for several years but it still cooled the ride on level 4 from control. I just checked voltage to compressor and got no voltage while the tahoe was running ac high. I have checked all fuses to a AC equipment and found no problems. Relay? Something else I can check? Thanks for a replay in advance.
Sunday, May 17th, 2015 AT 8:25 AM

SATURNTECH9
So was the system completely empty? Also how much charge did you add weight wise?Unless you start with a empty system you dont know if your over charging it.I know the charge kits give you this gauge that say when its full but you cant tell for sure by pressure if its fully charged you by actual weight charged in the system.You also when you know you have the correct charge weight in the system you need a ac gauge set with the high and low gauges a low one that goes up over a 100 psi to properly trouble shoot it.Also a scan tool that can read live ac data is helpful i did that to find a bad high/switch on the ac system causing the ac compressor to cycle. Also a scan to read ac codes especially if you have auto climate control.Here is a link on our site to help you trouble shoot and a better understanding of how the ac works.Let me know what you find and we will go from there.

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/re-charge-an-air-conditioner-system
Sunday, May 17th, 2015 AT 8:45 AM
20THCENTBOY
Hate to say I do not have those tools available to me and I do see how the process can be more than just adding from a store bought refiller, still doesn't explain the compressor not turning or the no power voltage to compressor while the ac is on.
Sunday, May 17th, 2015 AT 11:11 AM
SATURNTECH9
If you dont know how much is in system and you charge it and put too much in that will cause it to not work correctly. If its under charged that will cause a problem. The high low switch shuts down the compressor if the pressure is too high or too low.I dont know what the pressures or how much charge is in the system?You could have a bad high low switch bad connector to it etc. Also if you have auto climate control I have seen the outside air temp for the system keep the compressor from coming on. The ac system is complex then just adding charge to fix it sometimes. Also you have a blown ac fuse or bad connector or wire to the ac clutch.
Sunday, May 17th, 2015 AT 11:33 AM
20THCENTBOY
As much of a DIY person that I am I do believe this is just a touch over my realm of fixing but I will pass on all of this to any mechanic I have service it. Thanks for your time.
Sunday, May 17th, 2015 AT 11:44 AM
SATURNTECH9
Alright let me know what you find.
Sunday, May 17th, 2015 AT 6:45 PM