Crankshaft position sensor?

FORTEJETS18
  • 2005 CHEVROLET IMPALA
My car has a bad Crankshaft position sensor. It's a 2005 chevy impala, 3.4 and I know there are two possible places where it could be. Can you tell me the exact place they would be located?
Tuesday, February 1st, 2011 AT 2:44 AM

There are two crankshaft position sensors on this car one at the front of the crankshaft and the other on the side of the block which will need to have a relearn which I have included as well.

this guide will walk you through the steps with the instructions on how to change the sensor for your car below.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/crankshaft-angle-sensor-replacement

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Tuesday, February 1st, 2011 AT 8:17 PM
BCONN41601
  • 2001 CHEVROLET IMPALA
2001 Chevy Impala 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

i need to know how to change a crankshaft sensor if possible can u send pics with the answer?
Tuesday, September 15th, 2020 AT 11:11 AM (Merged)
Welcome to the forum, I'm not sure of engine litre size? I looked at the 3.8L engine. I didn't notice a picture.

https://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/170934_impala_crank_sensor_1.jpg

1F9D53B
  • 2000 CHEVROLET IMPALA
When car seems ready to shift to 2nd gear, it seems like there's an electronic "miss." Sometimes this happens several times in a row and then it runs normal. This started to happen after having the belt and pulley replaced in the fall. (May or may not be a coincidence.) Took it back to repair shop a couple of weeks later. They checked the computer system which read P0336 - replace crank sensor. They did. That seemed to eliminate problem until recently which is 4+ months later.
Tuesday, September 15th, 2020 AT 11:12 AM (Merged)
BASSTECH
If the car has developed a engine miss under a load like you said, it could be related to the spark plugs, the spark plug wires, or the ignition module that controls the spark itself. I'd look into having a tune up done.

Sponsored links