FUEL LEVEL SENSOR

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche

dill-11

August, 30, 2012 AT 2:41 PM

I need diagram how to plug the wires up on fuel level sensor on 2005 chevy alvalhance 5.3 there to wires on side of the sensor you have one hole to plug in and the other side you have two so which one do you use the first or the second one?

Fuel Sending Unit

Fuel Level Sensor

hmac300

August, 30, 2012 AT 3:30 PM

Use plug hole b and c they are marked on the connector. The blue and black are for the sending unit. Pic included

dill-11

August, 30, 2012 AT 5:45 PM

My sensor only have 1 at one hole 11 at the second hole 111 at the thrid hole these hole are were the wire plung into. Also my two wire are blue.

hmac300

August, 30, 2012 AT 7:52 PM

What I sent is thfor the proper year car you asked for. If it's different then it's the wrong year posted and the blue wires will be either light or dark blue or possibly green which all of those colors are posted in the diagram I sent.

dill-11

August, 30, 2012 AT 8:05 PM

Ok what I have is fuel pump that dodnot come with the fuel sensor so I put the old one on the pump which was working when I took it off but after I put it on the new pump the fuel gauge didnot work then I brought and new sensor still the gauge dont work. I just forgot to look at where the wire went.I have three holes and two wires. I have them side by side now still nothing.

hmac300

August, 30, 2012 AT 8:11 PM

The diagram I sent is correct for that model year. Are you sure it's a 2005? If the pump didn't com eon tha tis completely different from wha tyou first described. Have you check yoru relay an dfuse under hood? Your oil pressure switch and is the pcm tellin g the relay to workk? Check all that first before you just decide it' a fuel pump problem then take everything apart and don't know how to put it back togehter

dill-11

August, 30, 2012 AT 8:47 PM

Well I had a strating problem first so I done a fuel presure check it was not holding fuel presure so I pull the pump out and put one in and used the old lever sensor but didnot work so went ant brought a new one still same problem. Thank anyway.

dill-11

August, 31, 2012 AT 9:36 PM

Hey I got it back together still not working getting code p0463

hmac300

August, 31, 2012 AT 10:13 PM

You need a pro model scan tool to fix this. The voltage is high going to the fuel sender and the scan toold needs to do some stuff you can't to fix it.

Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement