HEATED SEATS INOP FRONT CANT FIND TSB AC00504R ...
2004 Toyota Sienna
Heated seats inop (front) can't find TSB AC005-04R dated 24 sept 06, or TSB EL002-06 These TSB refers to this problem. The two switches light up. (L& R)
Thursday, January 3rd, 2013 AT 4:10 PM
SEAT HEATER INOPERATIVE
TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN
Reference Number(s): EL002-06, Date of Issue: May 19, 2006
Superceded Bulletin(s): EL002-06, Date of Issue: January 18, 2006
Some 2004 model year Sienna vehicles may experience a condition where the driver or passenger seat heaters do not operate. The following repair procedure has been made available to correct this concern.
Applicable Warranty*: This repair is covered under the Toyota Comprehensive Warranty. This warranty is in effect for 36 months or 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the vehicle's in-service date.
* Warranty application is limited to correction of a problem based upon a customer's specific complaint.
1. Remove the seat back and seat bottom covers.
2. Remove the seat back heating grid.
A. Cut the six (6) tack pins.
B. Carefully remove the heating grid and wire harness from the seat back cover.
3. Install the NEW seat back heating grid.
A. Place the heating grid in the correct position on the seat back cover.
B. Install two (2) tack pins per tab for a total of 12 pins.
4. Remove the heating grid from the seat bottom cover.
A. Carefully pull the side bolster elements from the cushion and separate the cushion from the cover.
B. Carefully cut the 12 tack pins. Do NOT cut the seat cover forming rod pockets.
C. Remove the heating grid and wire harness.
5. Install the NEW heating grid.
A. Remove the forming rods from the seat bottom cushion.
B. Lay the cushion flat.
C. Lay the NEW heating grid on the cushion with the felt pads facing up.
D. Cut the tabs that are under the felt pad.
E. Reinstall the forming rods ensuring that the forming rod is ABOVE the felt pads.
F. Attach the heating grid to the cover using two (2) tack pins per tab for a total of 16 pins.
6. Install the seat back and seat bottom covers.
7. Inspect the seat cushion and seat back appearance. Using the palm of your hand, go over the surface of the seat and ensure that there are NO areas sticking up or sinking down.
8. Confirm the effectiveness of the repair.
A. Turn the ignition switch to the "ON" position.
B. Turn the seat heater temperature control to the fourth position.
C. Verify that the seat bottom has reached approximately 90 F (32 C) within three minutes.