Interior Lights don't come on when side

MTVAN
  • 2004 TOYOTA SIENNA

Electrical problem 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 71400 miles

When either the passenger or driver's sliding side doors are opened, no middle seat or rear interior lights come on. Very occasionally, the lights flicker and I can hear a noise similar to a contact trying to connect. Where would I look for this contact or switch that controls the interior lights? For reference, all lights turn on when I use the inside 'all lights' switch, and the light illuminate when individually pressed with the doors closed, so I know they all work

Sunday, December 13th, 2009 AT 3:37 PM

WHITENORTH

Hi, Mtvan.

I also have the exact problem on my 2007 Toyota Sienna LE -- except that this problem only happens with the driver side sliding door.

(No issue with the passenger side sliding door).

Hoping someone can help us out.

Thanks.

-1
Wednesday, January 13th, 2010 AT 12:38 PM
KMDBXS

Started having the same problem with my 2004 Sienna LE, except with just the passenger sliding door, which is electronic. Driver side slider is manual, and still triggers all interior lights to come on, as does the lift-gate door.

What gives?

-1
Monday, November 21st, 2011 AT 10:48 PM
TOM LEE

My Toyota Sienna 2008 LE has the same problem. Only passenger slidingdoor (automatic sliding door) has this problem. The middle and rear internal lights do not turn on when this slidedoor is opened. When the slidedoor close, I just see all lights are flicked.
The driver slidedoor (no automatic slidedoor) has no problem. All light are on when it open.
Anybody has an idea, please help.
Thank you.
Tom

Monday, January 16th, 2017 AT 12:25 PM
2CARPROS KEN

This sounds like there is a problem with the dome cut relay. These cars had problems with this relay becasue of the number of bulbs on the circuit. Here is a guide that shows how to test it and some wiring diagrams its location and so you can check the power going into and out of the relay and circuits.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

Please run some tests and get back to us so we can continue helping you.

Cheers, Ken

+1
Tuesday, May 9th, 2017 AT 1:16 PM