2008 TOYOTA SIENNA DRIVER'S SIDE ARM REST

• sarahsolen
  • 2008 Toyota Sienna

Interior problem
2008 Toyota Sienna Two Wheel Drive Automatic 11000 miles

I'm just wondering if there's a way to fix the arm on a driver's side chair or if the whole chair would just have to be replaced. My children did something to it and it now is loose in its socket. In other words, it won't stay in place to use as a arm rest, instead it just falls down.

Wednesday, May 19th, 2010 AT 9:18 PM

• ca1251

I have the same problem. There is curved slot in the arm where it attaches to the seat frame. There is a pin in the frame that the slot slides over. When that pin is broken the arm rest will flop down. I do not know if you can just replace the pin or if the entire seat would need to be replaced. Will let you know what I find out.

Saturday, December 4th, 2010 AT 10:36 PM
  • m204361

I had exact same problem with my 99 sienna - arm rest on passenger seat flopped down & would not stay up. I thought arm rest was broken & had to be replaced. I unzipped the arm rest cover to expose the bolt; I simply tightened the bolt & wah-lah, problem solved - arm rest back to normal!

Sunday, January 2nd, 2011 AT 1:13 PM
  • z71chevyman

I have the same problem with my 2008 Toyota Sienna. The armrest does not have a zipper so how do you get to the bolt to tighten it up?

Friday, April 20th, 2012 AT 12:00 AM