IGNITION SWITCH, BLOWER MOTOR OR RESISTOR?

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix

rhae52

March, 22, 2012 AT 8:46 PM

The blower fan is intermittent, it will go out when you hit a bump and then starts back up when you tap the top of dash - above the radio. There is voltage going to the blower motor and the air flow can be adjusted from low to high. If you hit the blower motor, it does not stop/start. Another issue that cropped up, is when the key is in the 'on' position, all the lights on the console will flash on/off for a second, which never occurred before. At first I thought it was the blower motor, but because of the flashing lights and hitting the top of the dash, I am wondering is this a loose connection or a problem with the ignition module?

Jacobandnickolas

March, 23, 2012 AT 1:38 AM

It sounds like a loose wire. Check the wiring on the blower motor itself. Make sure it has a good ground and everything is clean and tight. As far as the resister, you would only have high speed and you said they all work.

Change Your Blower Fan Motor Like a Pro