2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Blower motor resistor

YANNIJ01
  • 2005 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX
I am having a problem with the blower motor resistor. I went through a car wash the other day. The day after that my blower motor didn't work. I removed the blower motor. Hooked it up to a 12V battery. Motor ran fine. I then checked the 30amp Batt3 fuse within the engine compartment. The fuse was blown. I replaced the fuse and the blower ran even with the car off. I then replaced the resistor. Everything seemed to run fine that evening, tested a few times. Turned off and started car a few times, no problems. The next morning (about 0 degrees) started car, no blower. Checked fuse, blown fuse, also blew the resistor. Went to a different parts store. They inform me there are 2 different resistors.(One auto climate, one not) Buy another resistor and install, replace fuse. Works good again, started car 4 times, all good. This morning (5 degrees) started car no blower.
Any suggestions?
Wednesday, February 12th, 2014 AT 3:17 PM

There is a tsb on this its' caused form the wiper motor so i'm including on how to fix it.
Some customers may comment on an inoperative or intermittent Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) blower motor. Others may comment that the blower motor speed may momentarily drop or that the blower motor continues to run after the key is turned off.
Cause
This condition may be caused by a voltage spike from the wiper motor. The voltage spike may cause a logic lock up in the blower motor control module that may be either momentary or permanent.
Correction
Correction
DO THISDON'T DO THIS
Install a Capacitor at the Blower Motor Control Module ConnectorDO NOT replace the Blower Motor Control Module, Blower Motor or the HVAC Control Head

Technicians are to install a capacitor, P/N 25073556, at the blower motor control module connector using the following procedure:
Disconnect the negative cable from the battery. Refer to the Battery Negative Cable Disconnect/Connect procedure in the Engine Electrical section of SI.
Remove the right closeout/insulator panel. Refer to the Closeout/Insulator Panel Replacement-Right procedure in the Instrument Panel, Gages and Console section of SI.
Disconnect the wire harness connector to the blower motor control module
Cause
Correction
Correction
DO THISDON'T DO THIS

Cause
Correction
Correction
DO THISDON'T DO THIS

Wednesday, February 12th, 2014 AT 3:29 PM
YANNIJ01
Thank you for the fast response. I have ordered that part and I will let you know if that works. I appreciate your help. Can I donate at any time?
Wednesday, February 12th, 2014 AT 5:12 PM
I am unsure about that contact them and ask as I only answer questions an ddo nothing on that end. Contact is on the information area at bottom of page. Hope it works for you.
Thursday, February 13th, 2014 AT 6:22 AM