- POWER WINDOW CONTROLS AND RADIO WENT DEAD AT THE SAME TIME FOR NO REASON!

2004 Lincoln Aviator

sukhoi27

April, 20, 2012 AT 5:40 PM

2004 Lincoln Aviator was parked outside for an hour (78 degrees, no rain) and when we started it up, the power window controls and radio were dead. Visually checked fuses and relays; no probs. Saw a similar post about someone who had the exact same thing happen when she closed her glovebox. Where do I begin to track this problem?

I Think That I Blew A Fuse

Stereo Fuse

1 ANSWER

hmac300

April, 20, 2012 AT 7:46 PM

There are fuses underhood for the windows as well as circuit breakers and delay relays. There is also some inside pass compartment. Chaeck all of them one or two also effect the radio

sukhoi27

April, 21, 2012 AT 2:57 AM

Checked all fuses and relays underhood and in pass compartment. All look OK. Only one relay/breaker (underhood)controls power windows and 4 in pass compartment fuse box affect radio/NAV. None blown.

hmac300

April, 21, 2012 AT 1:42 PM

Then check for a ground wire or power wire broken

sukhoi27

April, 21, 2012 AT 1:50 PM

How do I begin this process? What tools/meters do I need?

hmac300

April, 21, 2012 AT 1:57 PM

A dvom will work for this that's a volt ohm meter. The ground for the power window is under the center console and the radio behind right side of dash. Are you sure you have checked the delay relay in the central junction box? You could have broken wires in door or a bad switch to pw as well.

sukhoi27

April, 21, 2012 AT 3:59 PM

Excellent expert guidance, hmac300! I'd wracked my brain for what the stereo and power windows had in common and you nailed it : -) They both operate after the ignition is turned off and utilize a delay circuit. The 60A fuse under the hood was fine, so I moved on to the 15A fuse in slot 17 in the passenger compartment fuse box. *BLOWN* Replaced the fuse and all is perfect. Thanks again!

amc51

August, 20, 2012 AT 2:57 PM

I have the same problem with my Aviator. I was able to replace the fuse and it worked for several days and now when I replace the fuse it blows as soon as it is plug in. Where can I find an electrical schematic. Also is there a way to contact members on this site. Thanks

Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic